Let the Artmobile bring the Arkansas Arts Center’s collection to your community!
The Artmobile has been serving the state for over 50 years and is one of the nation’s very few mobile art museums. This unique gallery space features themed exhibitions of works from the Arkansas Arts Center’s permanent collection. Works are carefully selected for their artistic integrity and educational value. The Artmobile is a perfect source of arts exposure for schools, libraries, festivals, and more!
2015 - 2016 Exhibition
Animals: Familiar & Fantastic highlights various artistic methods and techniques used to bring life to creatures both real and imaginary. This exhibition of works from the Arkansas Arts Center’s permanent collection encourages exploration of the human-animal connection and an assessment of our role in the amazing animal world.
Begin a new chapter today by sharing Animals: Familiar and Fantastic with your community!
2015–2016 Artmobile Curriculum Guide
Animals: Familiar & Fantastic Artwork Slideshow
- Bank of America
- Horace C. Cabe Foundation
- Roy & Christine Sturgis Charitable Trust
- Anthony Timberlands, Inc.
- Deltic Timber Corporation
- Entergy Arkansas, Inc.
- Bemis company Foundation
- Electric Cooperatives of Arkansas
- Kum & Go
- The Ross Foundation
- Union Pacific Foundation
- Mary Ann and Bob McKuin
- Sheridan Garrison Foundation
- Weyerhaeuser Giving Fund
- With special appreciation to the Winthrop Rockefeller Foundation.
ARKANSAS ARTS CENTER PROGRAMS ARE SUPPORTED IN PART BY:
- City of Little Rock
- Little Rock Convention and Visitors Bureau
- City of North Little Rock
- Arkansas Arts Council, an agency of the Department of Arkansas Heritage and the National Endowment for the Arts
BRING the artmobile to your community!
1. Here’s all you need to bring the Artmobile to your community:
- Parking Location: a level, hard surface (preferably paved) measuring at least 35' wide by 90' long with a 30' overhead clearance.
- Electrical Connection: a three wire 220/208 volt, single phase service of 100 amps minimum. There is a 75' cord/cable that will need to be wired directly (there is no plug) into the power source at your location as soon as possible upon arrival. This wiring is to be done by someone on your maintenance or electrical staff. Your electrical power source will determine the parking location for the Artmobile. If this is not possible, the Artmobile can run on the on-board diesel generator, to be operated at the renter's expense.
- Driver: The Arkansas Arts Center's driver will move the Artmobile to your location over the weekend prior to your scheduled tour period, and generally is not available for mid-week moves. If you are planning a mid-week move, you must discuss this with the Arts Center in advance.
2. It's affordable and there are ways to reduce your fees!
- $1,000 per week
- The Arkansas Arts Council offers up to 40% fee assistance to non-profit Arkansas-based organizations certified as exempt from federal income tax under section 501(c)(3) of the IRS code (this includes public schools, institutions of higher learning, churches, and government units.)
- Additional fee support may be available. Inquire at time of booking.
3. You will receive additional resources for the exhibition.
- Press information will be provided for local publicity of your tour.
- An online Education Guide developed to accompany the exhibition.
- An onboard art educator to guide the exploration of the artwork and facilitate discussion.
4. It's easy to book!
- Simply contact the State Services Department by phone at 501-396-0350 or 1-800-264-ARTS. You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule dates and times.