2016-2017 Children's Theatre on Tour
The Children’s Theatre on Tour brings to life exciting new works as well as classics of children’s literature. Recognized by the Drama League as one of the best regional theatre companies in America, the award-winning Children’s Theatre acting company tours the state, offering three productions a year. Each production lasts an hour or less, easily fitting into a classroom schedule, and an online activity guide further enhances the educational experience!
2016-2017 TOURING PRODUCTIONS
The Gingerbread Man
November 14 - December 16, 2016
Grandpa Nick couldn’t be more surprised or delighted when the Gingerbread Man springs to life and dances around the kitchen. He’s a snappy little cookie man made of ginger and molasses, and he’s so much fun to play with. But when the sly, hungry Fox comes along, playtime is over and the race is on! It’s a wild, wacky holiday adventure, so run, run! Fast as you can. You’re going to want to catch the Gingerbread Man!
January 30 - February 24, 2017
One day, a lovable wanderer—down on his luck, lonely, and hungry—knocks on the door of a little house at the end of a long road. Though the house looks to be nearly as down on its luck as he, the traveler discovers a treasure within even more precious than a pot of delicious soup: he finds a friend. Earnest charm, playful imagination, and heart-warming music are the key ingredients in this fresh, tasty, nourishing new play.
The Reluctant Dragon
April 10 - May 12, 2017
A dragon is “a scourge and a pest and a baneful monster.” So, what’s a boy to do when one moves into the hills above his home? Pay the beast a visit, of course. But instead of a monster he finds a civilized, thoughtful, poetry-reading new friend. Everything is fun and games until the ill-informed villagers send for St. George to slay this “reptilian menace.” That’s when the boy—armed with only a quick wit and a kind, courageous heart—must step up to save the day.
Learn how to be a part of the play! The Children’s Theatre on Tour also offers Theatre Workshops to provide instruction on the performing arts to students of all ages. Students learn the basics including pantomime, voice and diction, improvisation and movement. Workshops are recommended for groups of 50 or less.
BRING the children's theatre on tour TO YOUR COMMUNITY!
1. Here’s all you need to bring the Children's Theatre on Tour to your area!
- Perform space: 30' wide x 20' deep x 10' high
- Electric connection: Access to two 110 volt electrical connections to accomodate sound/technical equipment.
- Access to dressing room or bathroom facilities.
2. It's affordable and there are ways to reduce your fees!
- $800 per performance or $1440 for two performances
- $650 for Theatre Workshop
- The Arkansas Arts Council offers up to 40% fee assistance to non-profit Arkansas-based organizations certified as exempt from federal income tax under section 501(c)(3) of the IRS code (this includes public schools, institutions of higher learning, churches, and government units.).
- Additional fee support may be available. Inquire at time of booking.
3. You will receive additional resources for the exhibition!
- Press information will be provided for local publicity of the performance.
- Question & Answer session with cast following the performance, time premitting.
- Children's Theatre on Tour Activity Guides for each performance provide in-depth information about the play as well as carefully designed activities to enrich the theatre arts experience and fulfill Arkansas Department of Education Curriculum Frameworks.
- A digital copy of the playbill will be provided.
4. It's easy to book!
- Simply contact the State Services Department by phone at 501-396-0350 or 1-800-264-ARTS. You may also email Jessica Wright to schedule dates and times.