2017-2018 Children's Theatre on Tour
The Children’s Theatre on Tour brings to life exciting new works as well as classics of children’s literature. Recognized by the Drama League as one of the best regional theatre companies in America, the award-winning Children’s Theatre acting company tours the state, offering three productions a year. Each production lasts an hour or less, easily fitting into a classroom schedule, and an online activity guide further enhances the educational experience!
2017-2018 TOURING PRODUCTIONS
November 14 - December 17, 2017
The North Pole has never known a more mischievous elf than Jack Frost, and this year his antics are more rascally than ever. In fact, he’s the number one elf on Santa’s list—and I don’t mean his good list. Yes, jolly old St. Nick is at his wits end. He’s so distracted by Jack’s bad behavior that he can’t even do his work. It’s a good thing that wise old Mrs. Claus is around to take her two high-spirited boys in hand and save the day—Christmas Day, that is. By Keith Smith
January 19 - February 25, 2018
Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall. “Hold it right there! Why? Can you see your house from up there? Is the weather better up there? Or do you just like looking down on things?” Good questions all, and one curious little girl is out to get some answers, beginning with: “Where did you come from, Mr. Egg, and how in the world did you get way up there? Now don’t try to duck the question, or I will cry fowl. Did you make a brave leap? Or are you too chicken for that? Or perhaps you were goosed! Tell me how? Tell me how?” By Keith Smith
Dorothy In Oz
April 10 - May 13, 2018
Once upon a time, a simple young lady from the plain Kansas prairie was swept away on a whirlwind adventure into a land of awesome beauty, surprising creatures, and wonderful magic. Now she’s going back. It may be true that there’s no place like home, but, for Dorothy Gale, there’s no place like Oz, either. That’s why she’s so determined to return to reunite with all her old friends—and meet new ones as well. The only question is: how will she get there this time? Cyclone? Sea voyage gone awry? Earthquake? An enchanted road? It seems that all ways lead to Oz if you can just find the right one for you. By Keith Smith, based on the stories of L. Frank Baum
Learn how to be a part of the play! The Children’s Theatre on Tour also offers Theatre Workshops to provide instruction on the performing arts to students of all ages. Students learn the basics including pantomime, voice and diction, improvisation and movement. Workshops are recommended for groups of 50 or less.
BRING the children's theatre on tour TO YOUR COMMUNITY!
1. Here’s all you need to bring the Children's Theatre on Tour to your area!
- Perform space: 30' wide x 20' deep x 10' high
- Electric connection: Access to two 110 volt electrical connections to accomodate sound/technical equipment.
- Access to dressing room or bathroom facilities.
2. It's affordable and there are ways to reduce your fees!
- $800 per performance or $1440 for two performances
- $650 for Theatre Workshop
- The Arkansas Arts Council offers up to 40% fee assistance to non-profit Arkansas-based organizations certified as exempt from federal income tax under section 501(c)(3) of the IRS code (this includes public schools, institutions of higher learning, churches, and government units.).
- Additional fee support may be available. Inquire at time of booking.
3. You will receive additional resources for the exhibition!
- Press information will be provided for local publicity of the performance.
- Question & Answer session with cast following the performance, time premitting.
- Children's Theatre on Tour Activity Guides for each performance provide in-depth information about the play as well as carefully designed activities to enrich the theatre arts experience and fulfill Arkansas Department of Education Curriculum Frameworks.
- A digital copy of the playbill will be provided.
4. It's easy to book!
- Simply contact the State Services Department by phone at 501-396-0350 or 1-800-264-ARTS. You may also email Jessica Wright to schedule dates and times.